How to Apply For Malaysia Visa from India
Have you tried shopping for top class bargains in Bukit Bintang or seen the Rafflesia flower in bloom? Have you climbed up the picturesque Mount Kinabalu? If not, maybe it is a good idea to plan a holiday in Malaysia.
After all, travelling abroad is no longer exclusive to Page 3 celebrities. As per research, with regard to travel abroad, India is ranked next only to China. Plus, the travel industry is on a steadily climbing path.
One among preferred and popular destinations for Indians holidaying abroad is South East Asia. This is because of several reasons. The proximity to places like Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, and Bali makes it just like travelling from the corner of India to another. Also, conversion rates are attractive, and airfares are relatively cheap and affordable. One Malaysian Ringgit is equal to around Rs.15.
With regard to communicating with locals in Malaysia, Indian tourists may not have much trouble as English is spoken widely by the populace. Another bonus for Indians travelling to Malaysia is the facility of Visa on Arrival, which is offered only to nationals of some countries. Malaysia is one among 62 countries where Indians can travel to and garner a Visa on Arrival. Apart from this visa, there are other Visa options which can benefit Indians.
Kinds of Malaysia Visas for Indian Nationals
In case you wish to apply for a Tourist visa to Malaysia in advance, you have 4 options:
These visas are valid only for a single entry into Malaysia and are valid for 90 days from issue. It costs INR2500 and allows a stay for 15 days only. It is valid for direct flights from India, Brunei, Singapore and Thailand and exit from Malaysia to any country.
This visa enables multiple entries for 30 days. It costs INR3700 and is valid for 90 days from issue date. You can enter and exit from any country.
- Visa On Arrival
In case you are just transiting through Malaysia along the journey to any other country and will spend less than 5 days in Malaysia, you are eligible for Visa On Arrival.
- Express eNTRI
It allows multiple entries for 15 days and costs INR4500. It is valid for 90 days from date of issue. It needs a direct flight from India, Brunei, Thailand, and Singapore and exit from Malaysia to any other country.
Application Process for Malaysia Tourist Visa at www.malaysiaonlinevisa.in:
- Online visa application: complete the relevant visa application form. The form may require some documentation.
- Fee payment: After submitting the visa application, complete payment by using one of our accepted methods of payment.
- Confirmation e-mail: After submitting the visa application, you will get a confirmation e-mail within 12 working hours.
- Download eVisa-Upon getting a confirmation e-mail, you can download the eVisa and print it. Don’t forget to carry it with you and have a wonderful trip!
With www.malaysiaonlinevisa.in, you can consider the following aspects:
- We collect complete upfront payment
- We are professional experts who will check your visa documents and edit them as per stipulations of Malaysia govt.
- No need to worry about rejections of visas
- It is not safe to undertake flight and hotel bookings before approval of visa. We will make temporary bookings for the sake of your visa.
Needs at Checkpoint to Enter Malaysia
All visitors travelling with eVisa must submit the following upon arrival at the port of entry in Malaysia:
- Printed copy of the approved visa
- Passport valid for at least 6 months ( same as used for visa application)
- Confirmed booking of return flight
- Proof of accommodation in the duration of stay
- Proof of sufficient funds to meet expenses of stay
2019 Stipulations for Malaysia Tourist Visas for Indians
The list of needs for the Malaysian visa from India is short and simple. You are required to upload following documents for eVisa or eNTRI visa:
- Passport with validity of at least 6 months. It must have two blank pages for exit and entry stamps.
- A scanned copy of your recent passport-sized photograph. We, at malaysiaonlinevisa.in accept photos taken by your mobile phone and will edit it as per visa needs.
- A scanned copy of the last page of your passport
- A scanned copy of the details of your last international travel.
- Confirmed return flight tickets (PDF documents). When you apply via our agency, we will arrange these documents. You need not worry about the loss of money if the visa is rejected.
- Confirmed hotel reservations for a complete stay in Malaysia (in PDF format). We make even these arrangements. We have tied up with travel agencies in Malaysia that will provide confirmed hotel bookings for a complete stay in the country, which is required for eVisa for Indians in Malaysia. You need not risk your money.
- Birth certificate for minors.
About Visa on Arrival
Holders of Indian passports can gain a Visa on Arrival in case they:
- Hold already a tourist visa valid for Singapore, Indonesia or Thailand.
- Have a return ticket that is valid from and to India
- Have proof of access to a minimum of USD 1000 for bearing expenses of stay in Malaysia.
Such persons can gain Visa on Arrival in these entry points:
- Bayan Lepas International Airport, Pulau Pinang
- Kuala Lumpur International Airport
- Sultan Ismail, Senai Airport, Johor
- Kuala Lumpur International Airport 2
- Kuching International Airport, Sarawak
- Kota Kinabalu International Airport, Sabah
Why is Visa on Arrival not a sound idea?
Is it good to gain a Visa on Arrival? Isn’t it better to opt for Malaysia visa prior to travel as it is safer, easier and cheaper? Indians are now able to gain eNTRI visa or eVisa in a convenient and comfortable manner, like from their homes. Only avail of the services of www.malaysiaonlinevisa.in which has helped hundreds to gain Malaysia visas.
All that is required is to present a well-taken photograph of your passport as well as a photo of face just aposed against a white background. We help get the Visa processed within a maximum of 2 days.
Why Visa on Arrival may not be a good idea is because:
- Expensive: The govt. of Malaysia will charge USD100 for every visa while expense for a regular online visa arranged by us is much lesser than that amount.
- Single entry: After you leave Malaysia, the visa you had will expire. But in case you desire to prolong your trip or if you want to return after a month to this beautiful country? You may have to apply again for eVisa.
- 15 days: A stay of maximum 7 days is permissible in case of Visa on Arrival. But the other visas enable stay of 15 days.
- Complexities: You must have a visa that is valid from Thailand, Indonesia or Singapore to be acceptable to get visa on arrival.
- Queue: We are not exaggerating when we warn that there is a long and arduous queue for visa on arrival. You must wait at least 2 hours for gaining the visa because of the long queue.
How to Ascertain Authenticity of Malaysia Visa
There are following ways to ascertain the status of Malaysia visa on an official note:
- Step 1: Log into official website to seek for Malaysia visa check
- Step 2: Key in passport number and then the sticker number we send. Select type of visa, key in captcha code followed by clicking on‘check’.
Tips for Malaysia Visa
- This visa is not free for Indians. You need to pay around INR2500 to INR4000 based on the type of visa.
- After you submit your visa, you may be queried about your plans and your stay in the country.
- You may be requested to display your hotel bookings and return tickets.
- The e-visa documents might be checked for spelling errors and any other misinformation. Else, you may be denied entry to the country.
- eVisa may be applied by nationals of India, China, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Myanmar, Bhutan, Pakistan, Montenegro, and Serbia.
- This Malaysia visa for Indians can be applied from anywhere in the world, except for Singapore and Malaysia.
- You are permitted to sojourn in the country for a period of maximum of 30 days (eVisa). After this, you may have to pay up a fine charged by local administrative authorities of Malaysia, when you overstay. Also, entry into the country next time maybe refused for a particular period in case you failed to leave the country within the stipulated time.
- You cannot apply for eVisa from Malaysia. It must be arranged before entry into Malaysia.
- You can apply for Malaysia visa only 1 month prior to the date of departure.
- There are 2 ways to get a Malaysian visa for Indians: 1) electronically with e-Visa or eNTRI visa or 2) by submitting documents to visa application centres in India. All these visas have different criteria for eligibility.
- The simplest way to gain Malaysian visa is by applying online with minimum document needs and quick processing time. Offline applications are a long and arduous process.
- 30 Day Multiple entry sticker visa is valid for one year while other visas are valid only for maximum of 3 months.
- Online visas are useful for only tourism needs. For other needs like education or business, one must apply for sticker visa.
- Sticker visa is an online process where you must submit physical documents at the embassy. You can stay for 30 days on every visit.
- For business visa application, you need to submit a covering letter from an Indian company and an invitation letter from Host Company.
- eVisa and eNTRI visa can be processed within1 to 2 working days while the sticker visa application takes from 1 to 4 days.
- When your visa is approved, you will be intimated by e-mail. Carry a copy of visa at all times during travel.
Denials of Malaysia Visa
It is quite upsetting when one is denied a visa to Malaysia. A vital part of seeking a visa to the country is to follow all rules and regulations. Thus you can be aware of what to expect and how to avoid stressing for the visa. So every detail of the visa application must be checked and re-checked with accuracy. Even petty mistakes like incorrect spellings might cause rejection of visa.
Following are common mistakes causing visa rejection:
- Choosing the wrong category of visa application is the number one reason for visa denial. There are different kinds of visa categories with various eligibility criteria and rules. Your trip might be for a mix of pleasure and business, but you must define the specific purpose of visit on the visa application. When you select the wrong one, you waste money and time.
- You have insufficient funds to maintain yourself during travel. By travelling to Malaysia, your responsibility does not end by landing in the country. Your visa will be denied in the first place when you don’t have enough funds to support yourself during the stay.
- If photographs are not provided as per stipulations. If the photo has not been clicked recently, if it is blurry or does not have a white background, visa will be rejected right away.
- In case your passport is not valid for next 6 months, you may not get Malaysian visa. The main clause for visa rejection is the validity clause.
- In case you have submitted false documents or overstayed in the country during the previous visit, you maybe blacklisted from gaining Malaysian visaagain.
- Inconsistencies in the visa application form.If signature on passport and visa application does not match/leave certain columns unanswered/typo errors of passport number or name- all these can cause a denial of visa.
- In case of online applications; if scanned copies of the passport are blurred or not clear when applied online on the Immigration system of Malaysia, your visa will be rejected.
- Current or past actions of the applicant like criminal activity, drug dealing etc. can cause visa rejection.
Tips for Successful Visa Approval
For gaining visa approval, make sure:
- Your passport is valid for 6 months with 2 blank pages.
- You are aware of the quantum of bank funds in your account for showing in the bank statement
- You are specific regarding travel purpose. Mention whether you are headed for tourism or business.
- Plan trip much beforehand for arranging all the needed documents. Last-minute preparations can lead to mistakes and confusion in the visa application form.
- Contact the right agent like malaysiaonlinevisa.in to arrange for your visa.
Which is the Best Visa?
The most cost-effective and easiest Malaysia visa, which you can apply from India, is Malaysia eNTRI Visa, which we at www.malaysiaonlinevisa.in can help arrange within a few hours while eVisa can take up to 4 working days.
The Electronic Travel Registration & Information (eNTRI) is a visa of online nature granted by the govt. of Malaysia for helping in the entry of Indian citizens to Malaysia. An Indian national is allowed to stay in the country for up to 15 days, valid for 90 days from issue date.Thee NTRI visa is issued for proof of registration and must be presented to immigration authorities on arrival to the country.
One condition for this Malaysia visa is that you must possess direct return air tickets booked for India to the country or a direct air ticket between the same via Brunei/ Singapore/ Thailand. In case you have made plans to travel to this country from other countries, apart from India, you must get a 30 days Malaysia Multiple Entry Visa (MEV).
You are required to present color print of a copy of visa and your passport. One may also be required to submit medical insurance of travel for the sake of medical emergencies as well as some proof of money for financing one’s travel expenses.
The processing time for this visa is 1 working day. Period of stay is 15 days and validity is for 3 months. Entry type is a single entry.
Documents needed fore eNTRI visa:
When you apply with us, you need to submit the following documents and leave the rest to us:
- Scanned passport size photos of the required size.
- Scanned photos of first and last pages of the passport.
- Hotel reservations, if any.
- Any flight tickets.
How to get started
An eNTRI note can be obtained by making an eNTRI registration through https://www.windowmalaysia.my. Following steps are in order:
- A first time applicant needs to log into ‘I am new’ to begin the application process.
- For existing applicant, you need to log into ‘ Returning user’ to your account
- After finishing registration, candidates must print out eNTRI note that must be presented on arrival in Malaysia.
How to print eNTRI after making payment?
For printing eNTRI;
- Log into your visa account
- Select “EnroleNTRI program” at the right side of the page and click on “Proceed”.
- Click on “History”.
- In the ‘History’ page, you can check, resume or print your applications.
Tips for eNTRI Visa
- This Malaysia visa is applicable for all Indian nationals residing all over the world, except Singapore.
- eNTRI facility is available from January 2019 till December 2019.
- An applicant is allowed to apply for one eNTRI Note application at one time, only.
- After submitting payment, the eNTRI note application cannot be cancelled or altered since your application has been submitted to the immigration system of Malaysia.
- The application cannot be re-applied within 90 days and you must wait for the cooling period to be completed first in order to re-apply again.
- For urgent processing of visa, you can apply for eVisa as an alternative optio
- You can sojourn in Malaysia for a maximum of 15 days. In case you overstay, you may have to pay an administrative fine to Malaysian authorities, and your next journey into the country may berefused.
- eNTRI visa cannot be applied for when you are within Malaysia. It must be procured before entering the country. One may apply for the Malaysia visa from India.
- You are not required to redo application for a fresh eNTRI visa up to 3 months of the date of issue of the Visa by the Dept. of Immigration of Malaysia. But following 3 months, you need to do a re-application.
- If information on approved eNTRI does not match completely with information on travel documents, your eNTRI note will be regarded as invalid.
- You can edit and change your information on the eNTRI application page before making payment.
- In case there are mistakes in your visa documents after payment, you must apply again for the Visa with correct information.
- Suppose after receiving eNTRI note, you realize that there are mistakes in the information you provided, you need to apply for E-visa since you are not permitted to reapply for eNTRI visa within 90 days of issue of the latter.
- In case you have done double payment for the application, you can contact Live Chat Support for instant help.
- In case status of your application still shows “New Application,” even after making payment, stop further payments and contact Live Chat Support.
- Contact Live Chat Support in case multiple payments have been deducted in online visa application.
- eNTRI Visa has 3 monthsvalidity, and travel period is up to 15 days. Every application can be used only one time, and extensions are not permitted.
- You will be subject to Malaysian laws when you enter the country.
- eNTRI note does not guarantee entry into Malaysia. On arrival in the country, a Malaysian Immigration exit/entry officer may determine whether you are admissible as per Malaysian law.
- Responsibility to stay inside Malaysia within stipulated time (15 days) falls on you.
- Personal information submitted to the Malaysian authorities will be secure. The system is owned totally by the government of Malaysia. All information garnered during the eNTRI registration process is maintained in a highly secure environment, which adheres to Malaysian laws under Personal Data Protection Act 2010.
- Malaysia eNTRI note and eNTRI visa are all the same. Fundamentally, you will register at the Electronic Travel Registration & Immigration. Once the registration is approved, you will be given an eNTRI note. You may take a print out of the note or show the digital copy of the same, which one can download at the immigration counter from a registered account.
- Fees for Indian nationals for the sake of eNTRI visa is INR2800 including tax.
- You have to apply for the Visa within 4 hours before departure. Though the processing time varies with kind of application, 4 hours is the cut-off period for applying for the Visa.
- eNTRI visas are also granted to minors. However, there is a catch: Minors can apply only along with one parent. Any person below age 18 is defined as a minor.
- For a short trip like 10 days, the eNTRI visa is the best. For longer periods, you can go in for E-Visa.
- eNTRI visa is available for all Indian nationals. You can apply if you hold an Indian passport. For Indians who reside outside India, you must submit proof of work permit or residence permit in a third country.
- You can still use eNTRI visa even if you have changed flights, within 90 days of issue.
- With this visa, you can arrive in Malaysia by land, water or air as long as you are arriving at approved destination entry points. Not all ports have the right to allow tourists with eNTRI visas to enter the country. The land ports, which can allow tourists with eNTRIvisas are: Padang Besar Checkpoint (Perlis), Bukit KayuHitam Checkpoint (Kedah), Sultan Abu Bakar Checkpoint (Johor), Sungai Tujuh Immigration Checkpoint (Sarawak), Sultan Iskandar Building Immigration Checkpoint (Johor) and Tedungan Immigration Checkpoint (Sarawak).
- You must be ready with some documents on arrival in Malaysia like: Boarding pass, entry note or Visa, Proof of accommodation, confirmed return tickets, Bank statements or credit cards, the itinerary of travel.
- You must enter Malaysia only from India in case you are issued a visa on the basis of residence in India. You may enter from other countries if you have applied from there and have proof of residence or work permit.
- It is compulsory that you must carry a copy of the eNTRIvisa provided to you. One can carry a printout/hard copy or a digital download at the immigration counter.
- If you are travelling by air, you must fly directly to Malaysia from India or any other approved country where eNTRI visa is valid. By air, you can exit or enter the country via the Kuala Lumpur International Airport, Senai International Airport, Penang International Airport, Miri Airport, Kuching International Airport, Kota Kinabalu International Airport, Labuan Airport, Langkawi International Airport and Malacca International Airport.
Trouble shooting issues with registration:
- Ensure that you are not using a public computer
- Attempt to clear cache history of your internet browser
- Use another laptop/computer
- Use another browser
- Ensure that you are not using any VPN.
- Applicants from Israel, Singapore, and Malaysia cannot registerand log-in at the official website.
Other Aspects of eNTRI Visa
Once issued the Visa can help you stay for 15 days in Malaysia within a duration of 3 months from issue. For an extended stay, one must apply for e-Visa. Also, though eNTRI visa can be used to attend job interviews, it cannot be utilized for business purposes.
In case you are seeking employment in Malaysia; you have to apply for a Business Visa. If you wish to study in the country, you must apply for Student Visa. In case you wish to visit family residing in the country, you must apply for Visa with reference.
How to Apply
All Indian nationals residing in India or abroad are eligible for eNTRI visa. The requirements of the Visa include a passport, valid for a minimum 6 months after the period of travel, flight tickets, hotel bookings and 2 passport size photos against a white background.
All your documents need to be in English and take special care that the photos you submit, adhere to rules as the Malaysian govt. is quite strict about these aspects. Most rejections of passports by Malaysian authorities are due to irregularities in passport photos.
Once you have gathered all documents, you are required to register online or request agents like www.malaysiaonlinevisa.in to submit your application. Getting an agent to operate on your behalf ensures that there are no unwanted delays caused by mistakes in the format of application. For instance, if you mistakenly added wrong dates or some incorrect information, you would be required to redo the process of registration.
Malaysia visa fee is non-refundable. If everything is fine, your visa will be ready within 24 to 48 hours. When visa is approved, you will be intimated by e-mail. You will also get a link in the e-mail where you can download your visa that has been approved. Besides keeping ready a digital copy of the visa, you must also print a copy and safe-keep with other travel documents and passport.
If you are traveling with a minor, either parent must apply for a joint visa. You must also carry a birth certificate of the child as proof of relationship with the child, and the latter must also have a valid passport.
On Arrival in Malaysia
After you reach the Malaysian airport or checkpoints by road, you must deal with Immigration. Keep handy eNTRI visa, passport, accommodation details, travel funds and return flight tickets to ensure a smooth entry into the country. Sufficient funds must be proved through cash or credible credit cards like Travellers cheque/Union pay/eMoney like Alipay. Keep these items in a separate bag from other luggage. Complete travel itinerary must be provided along with proof of stay in Malaysia (optional).
The eNTRI visa will be required throughout your stay in Malaysia, and it may be needed when you exit the country. In case you are carrying items that attract customs duty, you may have to submit a deposit which may be refunded when you leave the country.
Benefits of eNTRIVisa for Indians –
Though there is the facility of Visa on Arrival, it is much safer and convenient to get an eNTRI visa before arriving in Malaysia. One can apply for this visa, as late as 48 hours before the flight. When you apply for the visa through www.malaysiaonlinevisa.in, you can save money and time because we take care of all documentation requirements and ensure timely approval of the visa. We also help with the right insurance for your holiday.
When you apply for an eNTRI visa, only one visa can be generated per account. In case you are travelling with family, you must get a separate account for each person.Thus, by applying with us, you can save much headache.
Travelling In Malaysia
It is easy to travel in Malaysia. In case you hold an international driving license, you may hire a car and drive all across the country. Else, you can hire a car along with a driver. Taxis are available easily in the country. For travelling between cities, opt for domestic airlines, Malaysian railways or nationwide network of buses.